Scott Wilkie Primary School is a top performing primary school situated in Custom House. The school is a founding member of the ‘Agate Momentum Trust’. The Trust aspires to provide its pupils with a world class education. Senior leaders have researched and implemented the latest most effective practices from around the UK and across the globe in order to provide the children in the Trust with a broad, balanced and ambitious curriculum that puts the child at the heart of their curriculum and learning.
Scott Wilkie serves the needs of its diverse and rich community by providing a continuously improving and outward looking school. Families in Custom House, east London deserve the best start to their education so they go on to become great learners and citizens of the future.
We strive for excellence in all areas:
- Excellence based on a commitment to empowering all the children and young people in our care.
- Excellence, whatever the challenges, in developing leaders of the future regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, background.
- Excellence derived from the riches brought by diverse families and communities living in a vibrant, global city.
- Excellence in achievement for all, resulting from children receiving an education matching world class outcomes.
- Excellence in the design of a forward thinking, innovative, curriculum.
- Excellence in a pedagogical approach to teaching firmly embedded in and informed by research.
Keri Edge – Trust Leader
Farhathafza Quayum – Head Teacher
Please click on the link to view our latest Ofsted report.
- to promote an inclusive and effective learning community where children are involved in active learning and always endeavour to set high expectations for themselves
- to welcome and celebrate diversity and to provide an environment where pupils feel happy, valued and secure in their learning
- to enhance children’s life chances through a stimulating, supportive parental partnership that nurtures each child to achieve his/her full potential.
Our aims are
- to promote a wide range of creative experiences which enable children to make full use of their imaginations
- to promote, facilitate and enable the inclusion of children with disabilities and special educational needs
- to provide an environment that is safe, supportive and caring
- to provide a broad and balanced curriculum which is differentiated to match teaching to pupils’ needs
- to enable the acquisition of skills, knowledge and understanding which will be of use to all future learning
- to develop lively and enquiring minds through encouraging children to question and discuss issues, in order to make informed decisions
- to nurture self-esteem so children are motivated to learn and to develop an ability to co-operate and work with others
- to recognise, respect and celebrate individual religious and cultural values and to celebrate the rich diversity within our multi-faith community
- to promote positive attitudes, good behaviour and moral understanding, and to establish a sense of pride and achievement in being part of our school community
- to work in full partnership with parents
- to ensure equal opportunities are addressed throughout all aspects of the school day